Saturday, August 28, 2010

Who Am I? And Why Won't I Stop Talking?

So since the dorms have opened, I have been really trying to be social and strike up conversations with people on my floor and to greet people with a smile when I'm at desk. This doesn't seem like a bad thing at all. The problem is that I am normally pretty quite and don't talk to a lot of people. So all my friends that have returned to school have realized that I talk a lot more. But I'm starting to annoy myself with how much I talk. Normally I just sit there and ponder my thoughts and chuckle to myself when I think of something funny. I enjoy being by myself and not always having to talk. But now I can't shut up, and I'm sick of it. I don't have an off switch. I need to find the happy medium, where I talk and get to know my residents and new people, but also can just be at peace with my own thoughts and not bore and weird my friends out with my peculiar thoughts and ideas.
I also have a goal this semester/year to discover a quaint little coffeeshop or restaurant that can be our new place to chill. A place that is super popular, but still is really cool, chill and fun to go to. Not to mention they need to have delicious coffee/ food. I think this would be a fun little adventure, but it could also be expensive, considering I'm a poor college student. I will have to choose wisely.
I'm also really glad to be back at school because when I'm at school I spend more time reading my Bible, going to worship and just spending time with my brothers and sisters in Christ. This summer I did not take a lot of time to grow in my faith, so by the end of the summer I felt really drained. I'm ready to worship God and pray with a community of believers, be involved in a Bible study, and serve the Lord every day. I want to have God's word written on my heart (Hebrews 8:10).So even if I am talking a lot, that I would be talking about the right things and what God has done in my life.  I want it be obvious what I'm living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment