Thursday, August 19, 2010

Canyon, Sweet Canyon

So I have finally returned to the wonderful Cross Hall. I'm so glad to be back. Today was the first day of RA training, and it went pretty well. I'm sad that the hall is pretty empty. I can't wait to all the girls return, especially my Level 2 family. I thought it would be easier to eat healthier once I got to school, but not so much. For one, I'm getting fed free meals, so I really don't get to choose exactly what I want to eat. That shouldn't be my excuse because I could still eat smaller portions. My big problem is that when I'm at school, I eat to be social. It's just part of the college experience. I need to either be able to say no and miss out on certain eating excursions, or learn portion and self control. I think what I really need is an accountability partner that will encourage me and let me know when to drop the cookie and back away. I feel frustrated all the time by my eating habits. I feel like I'm obsessing over it, and that is not how I want it to be. I did wake up early though this morning and run for forty minutes. The weather is really nice here in the mornings so I think that will be helpful with my training. I also forgot how beautiful the sunrises and sunsets are here. They are such a perfect display of God's beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment