Saturday, August 7, 2010

Little Known Facts

Fun Fact #1
-Azle and Springtown, Texas are not the best places to go garage saleing.
-You may be asking yourself how I could  make this harsh statement. Well I know from experience. This morning I woke up at 6 am to go garage saleing with my dear mother. I was wide awake, coffee in hand and ready to take on the world. Little did I know what lay ahead of me. Crap, that's what lay ahead of me. I did not find anything except a book at any of the places I went. I have never been more disappointed in my life. But I guess you live and you learn. From now on, I know that Azle is a horrendous place to rummage through other people's second hand things. I will just have to wait till I return to school, where the garage sales are heavenly.

Fun Fact #2
-I am a sugar, candy or any type of dessert addict.
- I have come to the harsh realization that I have an uncontrollable love of sweets. They are just too delicious for me to handle. This has been a summer packed full of a plethora of supper yummy food. I have a tendency to eat almost anything that is in sight. I have acquired healthier eating tastes over the past couple years, but my love of unhealthy food has not gone away completely. I always set goals to eat healthier, but they always seem to crash and burn after a few days. My eating habits have not really had a big impact on my physical appearance. But today when I was getting dressed to go somewhere, I sadly realized that my clothes, particularly my shorts, did not fit like they used to. They were a little too snug for my liking. I knew that 8 weeks at camp had been really bad for my eating and exercise habits, but I was still shocked. So I decided that I'm not going to throw a pity party for myself, I'm going to change my habits instead. So starting tomorrow I'm going to stop eating like a man, and begin eating in a way that is healthy and glorifying to God. I'm going to challenge myself to eat less sugar, sweets, candy, desserts, etc. I'm going to attempt to eat the correct amounts from each food group and correct serving sizes. These are things I have struggled with for a long time, but I know that with God's strength I can accomplish them. And this is a great time to start eating healthier because it will help with my half marathon training.  I think that the reason I have been unsuccessful is because I have been unwilling to hand this problem over to God. I also will need lots of encouragment from my family and friends.  I know barely anybody reads this, but if you do please try to encourage me and hold me accountable to my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment