Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So its been a few days since I've posted anything. I've been busy getting ready for school, and my family and I went to go visit my brother and sister-in-law in College Station. I love having my whole family together. It was a lot of fun getting to watch some Rangers games with my brother (who loves Rangers baseball more than me), eating frozen yogurt, going on a campus tour with my younger brother (making me feel old compared to all the freshmen on the tour), and witnessing my brother's dog eating 20-30 sugar cookies. I spent a good amount of time cutting these sugar cookies into cute animal shapes, but I couldn't be mad at her because it was an impressive feat that only a Propp could accomplish.
Also packing to go back to college is one of the most stressful things ever. I own so much crap and trying to fit it all in a vehicle is so difficult. But I'm so ready to get back to school. I will be an RA in my dorm this year, and its gonna be a ton of fun. I'm really nervous though,too, because I don't know if I will be a good RA. But I know that God has given me this opportunity because it will help me grow in faith. The dorms are a great place to serve and share God's love with people. I can't wait for all the fun I'm gonna have with the girls that God places on my floor.
I'm also ready to go back to school so that I'm back on a routine. I love having a routine. I love waking up in the morning and knowing exactly what I'm supposed to do that day. It makes working out so much easier. When I'm at home, I have so much free time on my hands that I will just sit around and tell myself I will work out later, but I never do. I will have a time when I will work out every day, which I hope will help keep me motivated in my half marathon training. Also it helps having my room because I will get to stock up my room with healthy food. At home, my parents stock up our kitchen pretty good, but it isn't the healthiest foods. So I'm tempted all the time by the endless cookies, candy, and ice cream. I also have more time on my hands, so I get bored and just eat. But at the same time, college life poses its own problems. For example, it is perfectly acceptable for college students to go to Ihop in the middle of the night. Also with the wonderfully convenient Buff Stop food just down stairs, it makes it hard not to snack. But I know that if I just stay motivated, then I can eat healthy and do my half marathon training.
I need to remember that this isn't the most important thing in my life, so its ok if I mess up every once in awhile (or all the time).  Mainly this year, I want to focus on spending more time in prayer and reading my Bible. I want to work on serving God and the people around me. I want to be an RA that lives out my faith and that my love for God would be obvious to everyone I meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment