Thursday, August 12, 2010

Waiting for Something Significant

So I was reading in a book this morning called The Power of a Praying Woman. There was a part that really stuck with me.  It said," ...there is never a time when nothing is happening in your life." I don't know how many times I have said to myself or to someone else, how I can't wait for something significant to happen in my life. I live for the big moments or occasions that I have marked on my calendar. Sometimes I forget that I'm living my life right now. If nothing extremely exciting is going on, then I'm looking forward to the next thing that is. This is no way to live my life because I'm gonna miss out on so many wonderful opportunities. God placed me where I am right now for a reason. He didn't just drop me off here by accident. It may feel like nothing significant is happening, but God is using this time to mold me into the person He created me to be. I'm still struggling with the idea of who God wants me to be. All I know is that wherever He takes me in life, I am going to serve and praise Him with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment