Friday, September 3, 2010

Oh the wonders of weekend duty

So I have weekend duty this weekend. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little sad about having to stay in the dorms almost all weekend. This normally wouldn't be a problem, considering I rarely leave Cross Hall. But the minute I started weekend duty, I never wanted to just walk around campus more. I felt like a moose that had been captured from the wild and forced to live at a petting zoo. But at the time, I had no idea of the crazy plans my friends Hannah and Allison had created. They returned from a trip to Walmart with some superhero boxers, that I also already had a pair of. The decided to make a music video, and we would dress up and make complete fools of ourselves. It was a hoot and a half! We tramatized so many people with our weirdness. And if that wasn't enough, we got Chicken E sweet tea and popcorn, and Allison and I watched Dr. Quin, Medicine Woman. Go ahead. Judge us if you must. But in all honesty, it was the most fun I've had in awhile. I mean come on. The show has Native Americans. Not to mention old time charm and wonderful quotes. So what if I spent my Friday night in Cross Hall wearing Ironman boxer shorts, an eye patch, a cape (an apron turned around), and a metal elephant belt. Jealous much. So what if Allison wishes she was living in a log cabin, and I in a teepee. This was a great night full of awesome college memories. I wouldn't want to spend my Friday night any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment