Friday, September 17, 2010

Hermit Quota Filled

This morning was the first morning in a very long time for me to be completely by myself with no distractions. I am a hermit by nature, and so if I go too long without time to be alone then I go crazy. This summer I was surrounded by people all the time, and it was so much fun. But by the end of the summer, I was completely drained. My hermit heart couldn't take that much human interaction. Then once I got to school, there was once again people everywhere, all the time. I had a roommate for awhile, who was super sweet and wonderful. But at the same time, I needed my room to be my unsocial  cave where I could run to when I was stressed and needed a break. So for the last month I have felt like a big stress bubble, and I could never find anytime to be alone. Well we had space open on Level 2 yesterday, so my roommate got to move into her own room. I will miss her greatly, but at the same time I was praising the Lord because He knew I needed space and time to myself. So this morning I woke up, got a pumpkin latte, came back to my room, sat in my freakishly comfy sofa chair, and read my Bible. It was so wonderfully beautiful. Except for the stupid construction outside Cross, it was completely quiet. I was able to just sit and rest in God's presence. I can always tell when I am not spending enough time in the word and with God, because everything starts stressing me out and I get emotional. I hope that I will be able to spend time every morning reading his word and resting in his peace. Because God is the only one who can sustain me and give me strength to get up every day and serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment