Like I said in my last post, I have had a very stressful week. Everything seemed to be happening all at once and I felt like I had taken up residence in the HELC. But as the week progressed, things got much better. One piece of scripture that really helped me was Psalm 51:12. "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." We used to sing this all the time at my church. I never realized where it came from though. So during the week anytime I felt overwhelmed, I would say/sing this verse to myself and I would feel calm for a little bit. I thought that I would compile a list of things that helped me survive this week.
1. How to Train Your Dragon (watched it three times since it came out on Friday)
2. Texas Rangers baseball (World Series here we come!!!)
3. Level 2 Family trip to Barnes & Noble and Starbucks
4. Psalm 51:12
5. Mod Podge program with Level 2 (accompanied by a Ranger's game)
6. Coffee date with Tiffany, and then a Midnight Ihop run with Tiffany and Morgan (also accompanied by a Ranger's game)
As you can tell from the list, the Ranger's were a big part of my week. I'm just so excited that my boys are going to the World Series! And to make things even better, I get to go to Game 3 of the World Series next weekend!
Needless to say, God got me through this week by blessing me with little things every day.